Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Himalayas

Twice I have climbed the Himalayas seeking the Truth, seeking enlightenment, seeking to find my Self and fulfill some life purpose that was calling to me. There was something powerful in making such pilgrimages. There was the power of the intention in going. Putting forth the effort was acknowledging that part of me that was seeking, that was guiding me. The destination served as the place my mind would accept what my soul already innately knew.

Whether you can join us for our trip this summer to China and Tibet or not, you can join the pilgrimage in spirit by recognizing that part of you that is seeking to find itself. That which you are seeking is causing you to seek. This is the first precept of the Self Realization Course, the first thing you need to realize on your path to full enlightenment. Your true Self is already realized; you already know that the answers lie within you. The first step to realizing whatever it is you are looking to realize or find is to acknowledge that part of you that is looking.

Many Yogi's have climbed the Himalayas seeking self realization. It goes back into recorded history many thousands of years. It is an enchanting place, a mystical and mythical place, a Shangrala of the spirit. There is power at the roof of the world. We are all connected with the life force current or spirit that is guiding all of existence, but you can feel it so strong upon the world's tallest peaks. The entire culture is devoted to recognizing the Buddha nature and to bringing it about for the whole world to enjoy, a consciousness of compassion. You feel it there.

But you can feel it here right now too. Wherever you go, the presence is present. The same life force current that is flowing through me to write these words for you to read is providing you the volition to read them. We are being guided by the same spirit to awaken. Connect with the part of you that knows this and awaken with me now. Whether you come to the Himalayas with me this summer or not, you can be with me right now in consciousness. I just wanted you to know that I recognize who you are. I want to welcome you back home. Look forward to seeing you.

From the heart,
Steven